Wednesday 4 May 2011

New Brief: Guerilla Gardening

Paul Brandreth
OUGD203

Rationale

After combing the Hugo boss street art brief and the Botanical typography brief I have decided to set a brief for Guerilla Gardening. From the two briefs they both cover what I as a designer have identified I want to start to develop in my work being, typography and fun, new cultural subjects that are emerging. Typography as image is something that I’ve been meaning to do for a while now and keep avoiding it. Through the PPD sessions I think it would be ideal to start to use contacts within typography to use as a resource and for influence. The event of Guerilla Gardening seems to be a new subject and seems to have the potential to have fun with the subject that is something I would like to start to show in my work.

Statement of Intent

I intend to create an event for Guerilla Gardening within Leeds; this event will be promoted online and also using print. The tone of voice will inform and explain how the Guerilla Gardening works and also within the promotional products also be humorous.

Product
Create an event for Guerilla Gardening within Leeds
- Typeface
- Promotion for event

Range
- Posters for event
- Flyers for event
- Viral advertising, facebook page
- Website for event -upload images from event
- PDF to be sent out to people who sent in images.
- Online shop, packet of seeds, seed grenades… (Research and print)
- Online Video to show how the Guerrilla Gardening works.
- Cups
- T-shirts
- Typography for event

Distribution
- Website for uploading images from event, explaining what Guerilla Gardening is (Video), promote event
- PDF of Event
- Printed Posters
- Posted Products (Seeds)

No comments:

Post a Comment