Thursday 12 May 2011

Botanical Typography



The botanical illustrations above look visually appealing to me, because of the marks and detail within the illustrations. I could either use previous illustrations and edit them with photoshop, make a montage, take photographs but after the after effects work I'd rather produce all the illustrations myself. I may well regret this later as I have mainly used type and image for most of my work, but if I don't try it I know I would regret it and it is also adding something different to my portfolio if I pull it off.

Definition of Botany
Botany, plant science(s), or plant biology is a branch of biology that involves the scientific study of plant life. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines concerned with the study of plants, algae and fungi, including structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, chemical properties, and evolutionary relationships among taxonomic groups. Botany began with early human efforts to identify edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest sciences. Today botanists study over 550,000 species of living organisms.



Inspiration how to work floral type to a young audience. This flyer Nick Cobby produced for a club back in Nottingham looks good for the eye but has no relevance to the night.

Something that I've been meaning to do for a while, is to produce some work image as type. From selecting this brief it is an ideal opportunity to start to experiment with type as image and if it doesn't wrk its something to learn from for future reference. I will also try a range of different resolutions, mainly the design work I highlighted in the PPD sessions, areas to produce certain methods and deliverables.

No comments:

Post a Comment